SRC half racks are expertly designed, insanely strong, and gorgeous. See for yourself why Canadians continue to choose SRC for their squat racks, half racks, power racks and more—made in Canada.
What is a Squat Rack?
Squat racks are designed to support you as you perform different styles of strength training like deadlifts, power lunges, and squats. The support provided by the squat rack means you can position yourself correctly as you lift, something you would not be able to achieve without it, which not only helps you feel safe as you work out but also ensure you have the best and most effective form possible.
Is a Squat Rack Right for You?
Before investing in a squat rack, ask whether it's the right choice for your fitness regime. After all, there are several different options for racks that can support you as you lift weights.
- Squat Stand: The first of these to consider is a squat stand, which is usually the smallest, cheapest and most straightforward option. A squat stand consists of two single, usually short uprights. Sometimes a squat stand will have a horizontal bar, but they will not be connected more often than not. Squat stands are ideal for people just beginning with weights that want to feel safe lifting weights at home until they choose to upgrade to a more comprehensive stand.
- Squat Racks: Squat racks differ from power racks in both size and design. While a full power rack forms a cage shape with four uprights, a squat rack will have only two but will often include an additional horizontal bar on the bottom. Due to their difference in design, squat racks take up less space, so ideal for home gyms or any other location where space is limited.
- Folding Squat Racks: A folding squat rack may be a good option if you're looking for a squat rack that's even less expensive and takes up even less space. Folding squat racks are similar to power racks, half racks, and squat stands, but they're even smaller and can be folded up for easy storage.
- Half Racks: If you're looking for a squat rack that's less expensive and takes up less space, a half-rack may be a good option for you. Half racks are larger than squat racks but smaller than power racks, and they don't have all the bells and whistles.
- Power Rack: A power rack is a tall cage that comes with four uprights and a horizontal bar for added stability. The benefit of choosing a powerpack over the other options is that you can do several different exercises, including adding weight plates to the side for added resistance.
Things to Consider When Buying a Squat Rack
When buying a squat rack, there are certain things to consider:
- Hole Spacing: The first is hole spacing. This matters because how widely the holes are spaced will determine how easy the rack is to use. If the holes are far apart, they will be easy to use, but if they are close together, you will have access to a much higher range of adjustability.
- Bench Press: It is worth noting that not all squat racks come with a bench press included. Therefore, if you want to be able to use your squat rack in this manner, you must check this feature before buying.
- Weight Capacity: Lastly, one of the most vital things you need to consider when buying a squat rack is its weight capacity. You will need to pick a rack or stand to hold the weights you are working with safely.
Choose Squat Racks Canada for All You Heavy Duty Fitness Equipment Needs
If you are looking for commercial-grade squat racks to use in your very own home, then Squat Racks Canada can help. We always stock a large selection, and our dedicated and knowledgeable employees will be able to advise you on the perfect rack or stand to fit any space and any budget.
What's more, you can trust us not only to be transparent throughout the sales process
but to make high-quality, heavy-duty fitness equipment that you can rely on to give you the best workout and keep you safe! Check out a wide range of squat racks today!