So, you want to start weight training?
You can certainly have a good strength training session with at-home gym. As a beginner, you might feel quite intimidated to start weight training on your own, but with the following strength training beginner’s tips, you will be able to begin your fitness journey efficiently.
What is strength training?
Strength training is a set of exercises that use weights and resistance bands to build muscle giving you a toned and fit body. This type of training is also known to enhance your metabolism allowing you to burn more calories.
Strength training is also known to build your bone health, cardio health, and mental health. This will also help you improve your athletic performance and decreasing the chances of injury. This type of training can be done by men and women at any fitness level. Whether you are a beginner or fitness enthusiast, strength training is for you!
What type of gym equipment is needed?
Though it can be helpful, gym equipment is not essential to strength training. You can use your own body weight to do exercises such as push ups, pullups, planks, and more.
You can further expand your strength training session by including a few pieces of equipment such as dumbbells, weight plates, and barbells. You can also enhance your strength training workout by adding squat stands, benches, power racks, and more.
How to begin a strength training workout?
As a beginner, you want to consider the following:
- Don’t forget to warm up! This will stretch your muscles and reduce the risk of injury.
- Always start your workout with lighter weights and increase the weight throughout your workout
- Don’t forget to rest between your sets. Take at least 60 seconds between sets for your body to recuperate.
- Be mindful of how long your workouts are. If you workout for too long, it could lead to fatigue and injury.
- Always stretch your body after your strength training session. This will increase the blood flow, flexibility and recovery time.
- Make sure you are getting adequate rest as your muscles need rest to repair and grow from your workouts
No matter your fitness level, you can begin your strength training whenever you are ready! Fortunately, you don’t need extensive workout equipment Canada. You can find everything related to strength training with us at Squat Racks Canada.
We are amongst the finest manufacturers of high-quality, sturdy, and aesthetically pleasing strength training equipment for fitness enthusiasts in Canada.
You can find the complete range of strength training equipment such as squat racks, squat stands, barbells, dumbbells, weight plates, and more. Whether you want to build an at-home gym or commercial gym facility, we at Squat Racks Canada have got you covered!
Visit our store now to check out our complete range of products!