Strength training is one of the best ways to build muscle mass and tone your body, and one of the most important pieces of gym equipment that you must have is dumbbells. Yes, that’s right! If you are doing a strength training workout at your home, dumbbells will prove to be an asset.
There are numerous strength training exercises that can be done using dumbbells that give you a good burn. Dumbbells can be used for upper and lower body workouts to build core muscles; therefore, you must take many things into consideration before buying a set of dumbbells.
In this blog post, we will explain the two different types of dumbbells and certain factors that you must take into consideration when purchasing them.
Types of Dumbbells:
There are 2 types of dumbbells that you can choose from depending on your workout requirements.
- Fixed Dumbbells: These dumbbells have fixed weights and they tend to be the most popular for people to purchase. These dumbbells are great but because they are a fixed weight, they don't offer the versatility to increase the weight therefor you would have to purchase several dumbbells of varying weight for at-home workouts. These dumbbells are commonly found in gyms as gyms often have a variety of dumbbell weights to choose from.
- Adjustable Dumbbells: These are an excellent choice because you can adjust the weights in the dumbbells using a weight plate. These dumbbells are great for an at-home gym because you can increase the weights gradually to get intense burn during your workout without purchasing multiple dumbbells. You can choose from weight sets that require manual weight changes or a mechanized system that changes the weight. The mechanized adjustable dumbbells tend to be more expensive and more challenging to move around.
Factors to Consider:
Now, that you know the types of dumbbells, let’s look at some of the factors to consider before buying this equipment.
- Training Goals: You must consider the workout goals that you want to achieve using dumbbells. Whether you want to build muscles or just tone your body, your dumbbell weights will depend on that. For building muscle mass you would use heavier weights, and for toning and maintaining muscle mass, you would opt for lighter weights.
- Material: There are different materials that you can choose from although cast iron is the classic material used for dumbbells. The only drawback is that it is difficult to maintain your grip on metal due to sweat. To tackle this, you can buy dumbbells that have a vinyl covering to always maintain grip.
- Space: If you are going to use dumbbells at a home gym, you must consider the storage space. For limited space, adjustable dumbbells are a great option. But if you have the luxury of space, go for fixed dumbbells in various weights.
Dumbbells are a must for a strength training workouts. They are one of the most popular pieces of at-home gym equipment that will ensure that you reach your fitness goals efficiently.
And you can check out our range of high-quality dumbbells at Squat Racks Canada. We are based in Canada and are leading manufacturers of gym equipment that will help you start your strength training workout efficiently.
Being a 100% Canadian-owned and operated company, we manufacture high-quality and aesthetically pleasing gym equipment that will motivate you to get exercising.
We have got fine quality dumbbells, squat racks, squat stands, weight plates, barbells, and gym accessories such as a power mat and more.
So, get your strength training workout started with our finest range of gym equipment. Check out our online store now and place your order!