Short on space in your home, but you want to make sure the workout equipment you have on hand will do the trick? Then you definitely don't want to overlook the good old-fashioned kettlebell. Kettlebells can be a killer way to get a full-body workout. With just one kettlebell, you can target all of the major muscle groups in your body. Here are some of the most effective exercises to include in a kettlebell workout to help you begin.
Exercises to Include in Your Kettlebell Workout
- Kettlebell snatches are perfect for working your arms, shoulders, and back muscles.
- A weighted Russian twist is ideal for toning your abs and obliques.
- Goblet squats work your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and core muscles. You can do them with a lone kettlebell or a dumbbell.
- An overhead press with a kettlebell is excellent for working your shoulders, arms, and back muscles. You can also hold an overhead press while transferring weight from one foot to another, strengthening and stabilizing your core.
- Renegade rows help target your back muscles, biceps, and triceps.
- Performing lunges with a kettlebell in each hand will work your quads, hamstrings, glutes, and even your core muscles.
- What is a kettlebell workout without a kettlebell swing?! This exercise is potent when toning your legs, glutes, and core muscles.
- Farmers carry effectively works your shoulders, arms, core muscles, and legs. This full-body exercise packs a big punch! If you have two kettlebells, you can carry one in each hand. If you only have one kettlebell, you can work on stabilizing your core if you only weight one hand at a time.
Now you have many exercises to include in your next kettlebell workout!
Kettlebell Workout FAQs
Next, let's go over some common kettlebell workout questions our customers have if you're wondering the same things.
Do kettlebell workouts really work?
Absolutely! They are very effective for toning your muscles and helping you lose weight, just like other weight training activities. Many people also find kettlebells more comfortable to hold than other free weights.
How many kettlebells do I need for a workout?
You can actually get a great pump with just one kettlebell. However, if you have two, you can add even more variety to your workout routine.
(Check out these isometric exercises to include in your next workout)
Are these workouts safe?
Kettlebell workouts are just as safe as other weight training exercises if you use proper form and don't lift more weight than you can safely handle while keeping proper form. It's always a good idea to warm up before starting your kettlebell workout routine and to cool down afterward.
New to working out and not sure where to start? Working with a trainer can ensure you get the best results while also learning how to lift weights safely!
How often should I do kettlebell workouts?
It's generally best to weight train 2-3 times per week. However, your fitness goals and schedule will depend on how often you work out. Just listen to your body and give yourself plenty of rest between kettlebell workouts.
(Learn more about different types of strength training next)
What are you waiting for now that you know all there is to know about kettlebell workouts? Give them a try and see how kettlebells can help you reach your fitness goals!
Did you know we make premium cast kettlebells great for many workouts, available to all Canadians at a reasonable price? Shop them here!
Did you learn a lot from this post?
Here are three more to read next: